KEYPORT SPECIAL EDUCATION PARENT ADVISORY GROUP
The KSEPAG exists, as required by NJ Law, to provide opportunities for parents and community members to offer input to the district on critical issues relating to students with disabilities.
Through meetings, events, workshops, and advocacy support, the KSEPAG looks to enrich, educate, and support our Special Needs community as well as provide and promote opportunities that benefit parents and students of the entire Keyport School District.
The purpose of SEPAG meetings is to help families to understand their rights and responsibilities under IDEA, help families understand how the school and district operate, and help families develop the capacity to be effective advocates for their special needs children.
Our goal is to move beyond compliance by having a SEPAG and hold meetings, to true collaboration around the needs of students with disabilities.
The mission of KSEPAG is to work for the understanding of, respect for and support of all children with special needs in the community. To this end and pursuant to [N.J.A.C. 6A:14-1.2(h)], KSEPAG will work to:
- Address systemic issues, not personal issues;
- Invite, collect, and coordinate individual stories and perspectives from parents;
- Give parents and guardians the opportunity to provide direct input to their school district about policies, programs, practices, that have an impact on students with disabilities and their families;
- Look at this input to see any patterns or trends that can be addressed;
- Promote a network of parents of children with special needs and provide a forum to share information;
- Promote open communication between the parents of special education students in Keyport and others, including those in other communities;
- Promote communication and programs within the community at large to encourage the understanding, acceptance and inclusion of special education students;
- Provide informational forums for parents, educators, students and community members;
- Advise, promote, and encourage efforts by the Keyport Parent Advisory Group and the Director of Special Services to bring excellence to the educational experience of all students in the Keyport School District.
You can contact us at email@example.com.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Keyport Special Education Parents Advisory Group (KSEPAG)
Keyport Friends of Diverse Learners
(These sites are not a part of Keyport Public Schools)