Tomorrow’s Teachers, is a group of elective courses for high school students who aspire to become teachers. This cohort of classes was developed by the Center for Education, Recruitment, Retention and Advancement. Thirty-four states are currently using the 10th Edition of this course curriculum to introduce high school students to the teaching profession.
Tomorrow’s Teachers is taught for a minimum of one class period a day for a year or the equivalent of that amount of time in contact hours.
It includes four themes:
- Experiencing Learning
- Experiencing the Profession
- Experiencing the Classroom
- Experiencing Education
A variety of hands-on activities and a strong emphasis on observations, and field experiences are required.The courses that make up the Tomorrow’s Teachers Academy are:
· Early Childhood Development
· Education Technology Literacy
· Google Apps for Education
· Tomorrow’s Teacher course inclusive of Internship