Algebra 1 Class code:
8 Math Class Code:
For Algebra 1: on-line textbook: https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com
Username: KCSGrade8 Password: Keyport1
The following is an explanation of what you should expect this year and what will be expected of you.Cooperation with each other will create an enjoyable class for all students, teachers, and visitors.
Supplies - These supplies must be in class everyday!
You should have the following materials within the first full week of school:
All grades will be posted in a timely manner on the online gradebook.
- Binder: A binder specifically for Math. A one-subject notebook, dividers and lined paper.
- Pencils and erasers: All assignments MUST be completed in pencil!
To view your grades, log on to the parent portal. Grades will not be distributed in class. You are responsible for tracking your progress throughout the year.
You are expected to keep a binder with notebook, complete homework, study for tests and quizzes, and seek extra help when necessary. Your efforts determine your grade.Grades will be calculated as follows.
Major Assessments – 50%
- Large Projects/Tests – All tests will be announced on the class website and verbally in class. Tests are generally given at the end of each chapter.
Minor Assessments – 35%
- Small Projects/Quizzes – Quizzes will be both announced and unannounced. Typically, quizzes will cover the first 3 to 4 sections of a chapter.
Alternate Assessments – 15%
- Homework – Homework is assigned and checked almost every day. Assignments will be written on the class calendar daily. As long as a legitimate attempt is made to complete every problem, you will receive credit (regardless of correctness).
- Homework will be checked at the beginning of each class, and answers will be provided. You should not only check your answers, but correct your work and ask questions.
- You are expected to have your homework on your desk as soon as you enter the class.
Cheating - You are cheating if you copy another student’s work, look at someone’s test or quiz, or if you give your work to another student. Students who are caught cheating will receive a zero for the assignment.
NOTE: Credit will NOT be given on ANY test, quiz, or homework without work, steps, and/or calculations shown! All work must be done in Pencil!