- Tap out spelling words.
- Practice marking words: underline digraphs (wh, ch, sh, th, ck), underline each letter in a blend, circle buddy letters (qu), and mark closed syllables with a line under the syllable/a "c" under the line/a breve(smile) above the vowel to show it is short, put a star above the bonus letter (f,l,s), put a box around glued sounds
- Write in a journal
- Write letters to family members
- Practice addition and subtratction facts.
- Practice skip counting by 2’, 5’s, and 10’s
- Using buttons, pennies, or macaroni make equal groups of 2, 5, or 10
- Say a number pattern (at least 5 or 6 numbers). Identify the pattern. Ex: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 – counting by 2’s or +2
- Put beans or pennies, etc. in equal rows. Say the repeated addition sentence. Ex: 3 rows of 5 pennies – 5+5+5=15
- Name things that come in arrays. Ex: egg carton, cans of soda, packages of juice boxes
- Parent says a number 0 – 20. Child identifies it as even or odd. (can use pennies to help show pairs)
- Draw a number line 0 – 20. Identify the numbers that are answers to double facts. Name the double fact for each.
Last Modified on Friday at 7:49 AM