At Home Reading Activities.....
Below are some great websites to practice reading skills!
- Play SCRIBBLE! Go to the website: http://thestorystarter.com/scribble.html. You will be given letters to make words. Have fun with your family and see who can make the most words with the letters given in five minutes.
- Play various Language Arts games on this fantastic website: http://www.dositey.com. Click on your grade level and practice phonics skills.
- Read stories, play games and practice phonics skills on a wonderful website: http://www.starfall.com.
- Reader's Theater! Go to http://pbskids.org/zoom/activities/playhouse/, and have fun acting out various plays.
- Make a Word! Go to: http://www.inklesstales.com/games/makeaword/index.shtml and make various words from a given word. For example, what words can you make from STRAWBERRY. Have fun dragging letters to make words!
- Road Hog Spelling. Go to: http://www.randomhouse.com/golden/funfactory/fun_factory_game.php?game=roadhog and play this interactive game making words.
- Go to this website to play various reading games: http://www.primarygames.com/reading.php
- This website has various vocabulary and storybook activities for the primary grades: http://www.primarygames.com/reading.php
- This website allows children to make words: http://www.literacycenter.net/lessonview_en.php
- This website provides various games and activities for reading comprehension by grade level: http://www.internet4classrooms.com/
- Storyline Online! This website features actors reading various children's books. Listen to the story and complete the online activities that correlate with the story. http://www.storylineonline.net/
Last Modified on September 29, 2013