I would like to welcome you back to school and introduce myself as your science teacher for the school year. I am anticipating a productive school year filled with interesting activities and unique learning experiences in science. Please review the following outline of the course and feel free to speak with me concerning any problems or questions you may have.
· COME TO CLASS ON TIME WITH ALL MATERIALS READY TO LEARN. YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED LATE IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE ROOM ONCE THE BELL RINGS.
· STUDENTS MUST SIGN IN THE LATE BOOK WITH THE DATE AND TIME WHEN THEY ARE LATE TO CLASS.
· RAISE YOUR HAND TO ASK QUESTIONS OR OFFER INFORMATION TO A CLASS DISCUSSION.
· REMAIN SEATED AT ALL TIMES UNLESS OTHERWISE TOLD BY TEACHER.
· FOOD OR DRINK IS NOT PERMITTED.
· RESPECT OTHER STUDENTS AND TEACHER AS YOU WISH TO BE RESPECTED.
· CLEAN UP YOUR LAB AREA AT THE END OF CLASS. FOOLING AROUND IN THE LAB WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
· STUDENTS MUST SHOW A PASS TO BE EXCUSED TO GO TO THE OFFICE, SAC, OR GUIDANCE. PASSES TO THESE PLACES WILL NOT BE WRITTEN UNLESS IT IS AN EXTREME EMERGENCY.
· STUDENTS MUST SIGN OUT AND BACK IN TO USE THE BATHROOMS OR NURSE. BATHROOM PRIVILEGES MUST NOT BE ABUSED.
· DO YOUR OWN WORK. COPYING SOMEONE ELSE’S WORK IS CHEATING AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. IF
THERE IS SOMETHING YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND,ASK A TEACHER.
· REVIEW THE STUDENT HANDBOOK AND BE FAMILIAR WITH KEYPORT SCHOOL DISTRICT‘S CODE OF CONDUCT.
Any student that does not comply with these rules will be subject to teacher’s detention before or after school. If behavior does not stop you will be written up and a phone call home will be made.